St Hedwig Village is a not-for-profit organisation and is one of the area’s most respected providers of retirement village and residential care accommodation and services. As a Catholic organisation, our mission is to dedicate ourselves to the needs of our residents, to provide a home-like environment in which the residents feel respected, safe and accepted for who they are, and to provide a quality of life and standard of care that is based on Christian ideals and values.
All our services employ well-trained, professionally qualified staff to look after your health and day-to-day care needs. Staff are provided with on-going training and information sessions to ensure that their skills and knowledge are maintained and always up to date.
Visits by doctors, physiotherapist, podiatrist, optometrist, dental, hairdresser, and other services can usually be arranged on site. With the exception of retirement living, all our services and entry into residential care requires potential residents and clients to be assessed by an Aged Care Assessment Team.
St Hedwig Village offers residents individualised care and services that will allow them to maintain their social and cultural connections with their community, family and friends . With over 30 years of experience and a client focus, St Hedwig Village values the individual and supports its residents and their families as they embark on the next stage in life.
Acknowledging our history that St Hedwig’s was established by the two German Catholic Communities of St Raphael’s, Blacktown and St Christophorus, Croydon as a service to the elderly, and while we provide care and services for a diverse range of cultures and ethnic groups we promote and foster the German culture and traditions that make our facilities unique and appealing by providing:
- a high quality of life and standard of care and services that is based on Christian ideals and values according to the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- excellence in care that is always focused on the residents and their care needs, regardless of nationality and denomination.
- a home-like environment in which all residents feel respected, safe and accepted for who they are.
- To provide an atmosphere of trust in which the residents feel secure, knowing that their physical, social and spiritual needs are provided for, enabling them to live in peace and harmony.
- To acknowledge each resident as an individual, with their own talents and abilities, and to allow them the right of self determination and to encourage them to maintain their independence as long as possible.
- To acknowledge that each resident has the right to have all treatment and care procedures explained to them.
- To ensure that each resident has the right to privacy and confidentiality.
- To provide palliative care residents with all the care they require enabling them to die peacefully, with dignity and respecting their spiritual needs.
- To provide a safe environment for residents, staff and visitors.
- To establish and maintain good relationships with family, friends, visitors and allied professional services and to encourage their participation in our continuous improvement activities.
- To commit to the continuous education and training of our staff which reflects best practice and provide opportunities for personal growth and professional development.
- To ensure all staff work harmoniously as a team showing respect and courtesy to each other at all times as we work towards a common goal, that of providing a high standard of care for our residents.
- To expect our staff to respect the values of the organisation and it’s Board in their commitment for quality care for the residents.
- To support the aims of the organisation at all times by being trustworthy, working efficiently and making effective use of the resources available.
As a Catholic organisation our mission is to dedicate ourselves to the needs of our residents, to provide a home-like environment in which the residents feel respected, safe and accepted for who they are, and to provide a quality of life and standard of care that is based on Christian ideals and values.
St Hedwig Village has been serving the community for more than 30 years. The facility is widely regarded for providing a high standard of care and its attractive and inviting atmosphere.
We offer dementia care, palliative care and ageing on site. Located in beautifully landscaped gardens, we are close to public transport, shopping centre and hospital.
St Hedwig Village is a non smoking site.
St Hedwig village is a major employer in the local area of Blacktown employing some 140 staff as well as providing employment for contracted staff.
We are always interested in hearing from motivated and dedicated people with experience and qualifications in aged care, particularly Registered Nurses and Care Service Employees (Personal Care Employees). We are looking for people who have a genuine desire to care for and work with the elderly.
Applications which must include a covering letter, a detailed resume outlining your experience and qualifications can be emailed to email@example.com.
Please note that successful applicants will be required to provide a current criminal history check and undergo a physiotherapy assessment to ensure that you can safely perform the duties required.