Caring for the Aged is our committment
Acknowledging our history that St Hedwig’s was established by the two German Catholic Communities of St Raphael’s, Blacktown and St Christophorus, Croydon as a service to the elderly, and while we provide care and services for a diverse range of cultures and ethnic groups we promote and foster the German culture and traditions that make our facilities unique and appealing by providing:
- a high quality of life and standard of care and services that is based on Christian ideals and values according to the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- excellence in care that is always focused on the residents and their care needs, regardless of nationality and denomination.
- a home-like environment in which all residents feel respected, safe and accepted for who they are.
- To provide an atmosphere of trust in which the residents feel secure, knowing that their physical, social and spiritual needs are provided for, enabling them to live in peace and harmony.
- To acknowledge each resident as an individual, with their own talents and abilities, and to allow them the right of self determination and to encourage them to maintain their independence as long as possible.
- To acknowledge that each resident has the right to have all treatment and care procedures explained to them.
- To ensure that each resident has the right to privacy and confidentiality.
- To provide palliative care residents with all the care they require enabling them to die peacefully, with dignity and respecting their spiritual needs.
- To provide a safe environment for residents, staff and visitors.
To establish and maintain good relationships with family, friends, visitors and allied professional services and to encourage their participation in our continuous improvement activities.
- To commit to the continuous education and training of our staff which reflects best practice and provide opportunities for personal growth and professional development.
- To ensure all staff work harmoniously as a team showing respect and courtesy to each other at all times as we work towards a common goal, that of providing a high standard of care for our residents.
- To expect our staff to respect the values of the organisation and it’s Board in their commitment for quality care for the residents.
- To support the aims of the organisation at all times by being trustworthy, working efficiently and making effective use of the resources available.