Services & Activities
We have a lifestyle and entertainment program that ensures that residents have the best quality of life, and various daily activities. We have a dedicated team of Recreational Activities Officers, working seven days a week, who conduct a specially tailored program of supervised activities, which is intended to help residents remain as physically and mentally active as possible.
All residents are encouraged to participate in the programs which include exercises, games, bingo, quizzes, arts and craft, discussion groups, newspaper reading, and much more. St Hedwig Village also has a wheelchair accessible bus which takes residents on regular outings.
Any resident who would like to pursue a specific prior interest or activity should speak with our activities staff, who will try to make mutually satisfactory arrangements.
Lifestyle and entertainment programs for the best quality of life
- Individualised care plans
- High quality, nutritional menu prepared by external catering company
- Formalised activities organised daily
- Residents can personalise their own rooms (within guidelines)
- Visiting doctors and allied health providers
- Physiotherapy and pain management
- Hairdresser services on site
- Pastoral Care Coordinator on site and visiting clergy
- Wheelchair accessible bus for outings and shopping
- Resident computers with internet / WiFi / Skype
- Visiting volunteers
- Visiting reflexologist
- Commercial laundry services on site (excludes dry cleaning)
- Visitor accommodation on site
Allied Health Services
At St Hedwig Village we endeavour to organise many allied health services on site. These include:
- Visiting GPs
- A mobile dental van which caters for wheelchair and immobile residents
- Podiatry clinics conducted on a regular basis usually every 6 weeks
- Dietitian services for residents who require a review and management of weight loss and other medical issues
- We have a local pharmacy that provides all our resident medications which are in blister packs
- Australian Hearing Services conduct annual hearing testing on site and can also provide advice on hearing aids.
- Visiting optometry services and if treatment or changes to prescription lenses is required, residents and families will be notified
- Speech pathology services are available for residents with swallowing difficulties
- Physiotherapy services, in partnership with Blisscare Australia, our aim is to provide a range of physiotherapy services to maintain independence and mobility for as long as possible. This can include: initial mobility and manual handling assessment for new residents on admission; continual review of all residents in respect of their on-going physical needs; weekly pain clinics to assist with the management of chronic pain; weekly exercise classes which focus on falls prevention and upper/lower limb strengthening.
- Mobile X-ray services
- Pathology collections
Accommodation For Couples
We do not have rooms specifically designed for couples, however, we do provide for couples on site. Please contact facility for further information.
The ground floor of our low care building is designed as a low-care dementia specific wing. Residents have their own outdoor activity area and secured gardens and walkway.
The high care building also has a secured outdoor garden area with sitting and shade protection.
We believe that every person has the right to die with dignity and respect. Palliative care includes pain management, spiritual and emotional care, and personal wishes which are discussed with the resident and their loved ones. Specialist support is also available through the local hospital and palliative care specialists.