We have a lifestyle and entertainment program that ensures that residents have the best quality of life, and various daily activities. We have a team of Recreational Activities Officers, working seven days a week, who conduct a specially tailored program of supervised activities, which is intended to help residents remain as physically and mentally active as possible.
All residents are encouraged to participate in the program which includes exercises, games, bingo, quizzes, arts and craft, discussion groups, newspaper reading, and more. St Hedwig Village also has a wheelchair accessible bus which takes residents on regular outings.
Any resident who would like to pursue a specific prior interest or activity should speak with our activities staff, who will try to make mutually satisfactory arrangements.
- Individual care plans
- Highly quality, nutritional menu prepared by external catering company
- Formalised activities organised daily
- Residents can personalise their own rooms (within guidelines)
- Visiting doctors and allied health providers
- Physiotherapy and pain management
- Hairdresser services on site
- Pastoral Care Coordinator on site and visiting clergy
- Wheelchair accessible bus for outing and shopping
- Resident computers with internet / WiFi / Skype
- Visiting volunteers
- Visiting reflexologist
- Commercial laundry services on site (excludes dry cleaning)
- Visitor accommodation on site
ACCOMMODATION FOR COUPLES
We do not have rooms specifically designed for couples, however, we do provide for couples on site. Please contact facility for further information.
The ground floor of our low care building is designed as a low-care dementia specific wing. Residents have their own outdoor activity area and secured gardens and walkway.
The high care building also has a secured outdoor garden area with sitting and shade protection.