We provide a unique opportunity for young German speaking students / people from Germany who wish to combine volunteer social work experience with travel.
We have listed below details regarding our Volunteer Program and if you are interested, please provide the information referred to at the end of this document.
- The program is usually for three to six months; therefore a 12 month Working Holiday Visa is required.
- A living-away-from-home allowance of $450.00 per month is provided.
- Accommodation is provided on site at no charge – on a shared arrangement (own room / shared living area / bathroom).
- Meals, if taken at St Hedwig at no charge.
Work details would include –
- Assisting our nursing home and hostel residents with resident care and daily activities such as:
– Wheelchair walks in the garden
– Reminiscing with residents about their past, hobbies, etc.
– Supporting residents who may suffer from dementia with activities to engage them
– One-on-one interaction with residents such as chatting, reading, playing games
– Helping to set up activities; daily exercise program, escorting on bus trips and so forth
- Work would be supervised by our Recreational Activity Officers and qualified staff.
- You would be required to work Monday to Friday (37.5 hour week).
Basically, during the period that you are with St Hedwig, you will be here as a volunteer and there is no employment agreement – you are not receiving a wage but a living-away-from-home allowance.
If the above conditions / work details appeal to you and you would be interested in such an arrangement, please provide us with a full resume including the following details –
- Secondary school results (last year only)
- Course details and results to date
- Details of relevant work experience in aged care or other
- Level of English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Any other skills you wish to include
- Please include a recent photograph