Our volunteers are an important part of our organisation and play a key role in supporting our residents and staff.
Volunteering can be a very rewarding experience. It is fun, you make new friends, you become part of a team; it is a way to give something back and it can be a way to make use of your free time in a positive way.
The type of things volunteers can be involved with include:-
- Visiting residents
- Reading letters or books
- Assisting with walks within the complex
- Assisting with crafts, particularly where the volunteer has a particular skill or talent
- Escorting on outings and providing assistance
- Pastoral care visiting
- Assisting with meals
- Providing entertainment and assisting staff with recreational activities
- Assisting with small tasks in the facility e.g. serving morning tea, filling water jugs
- Bringing in a pet (conditions apply)
- Assisting with daily activities e.g. hair style, makeup, nails
- Mini shop duties
You choose the type of activity you would like to be involved with and the amount of time you have. It can be as little as one hour on a weekly, fortnightly, monthly basis or you may have more time to share.
Volunteers will need to obtain a police check which we can assist with.
If you would like to volunteer your time or would like more information please contact us on 02 8822 9900.
OVERSEAS VOLUNTEER PROGRAM
We also offer a unique opportunity for young German speaking students/people from Germany who wish to combine volunteer social work experience with travelling.
Work details would include:
- Assisting our residents with daily activities such as
- Wheelchair walks in the garden
- Reminiscing with residents about their past, hobbies etc.
- Supporting residents who may suffer from dementia with activities to engage them
- One-on-one interaction with residents such as chatting, reading, playing games
- Helping to set up activities, daily exercise program, escorting on bus trips and so forth
- The work is supervised by our Recreational Activity Officers and qualified staff.
- Work arrangements are Monday to Friday (37.5 hour week).
For further details about this program please forward your enquiry to the Chief Executive Officer, email@example.com